It's that time of year again in Wisconsin -- for the state's snow conditions report.
The Department of Tourism and its more than 130 snow condition reporters are now starting to update the Wisconsin Snow Conditions Report.
It covers conditions for snowmobiling, downhill skiing and snowboarding and cross country skiing. It rates them from "no report" and "closed" to "excellent."
So far, the snowmobile trails are reported as closed. But there are already some condition reports for ski hills and cross country skiing.
State tourism officials say the condition reporters in all 72 counties will update their conditions at least once a week.
More than 773,000 people viewed the online report last winter. It was the most popular page on the state's tourism website.
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement
- Uncertainty creates challenges for growth in manufacturing
- Inmates sue over conditions at Wisconsin youth prison
- Crews put out, monitor insulation fire at construction site, officials say
- Janesville man killed in crash on I-90 near South Beloit