PELLA, Wis. - A relative of some of the six victims killed in a Kentucky interstate crash says the Wisconsin couple who died was dedicated to raising foster children.
Barbara and James Gollnow, their daughter, two foster children and family friend died March 2 when their SUV was struck by a semi near Glendale, Ky.
Pat Pelkey checked for mail at the Gollnow's house in Pella, a small town in Shawano County. Pelkey said her sister and James were adamant that their foster children have a great life. She told The Post-Crescent the couple wanted their foster children to have a family and wanted them to feel loved.
Two other foster children in the Gollnow's vehicle survived the crash on Interstate 65. A combined memorial service for the family will be held Saturday in the Marion Elementary School gym.
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry