PELLA, Wis. - A relative of some of the six victims killed in a Kentucky interstate crash says the Wisconsin couple who died was dedicated to raising foster children.
Barbara and James Gollnow, their daughter, two foster children and family friend died March 2 when their SUV was struck by a semi near Glendale, Ky.
Pat Pelkey checked for mail at the Gollnow's house in Pella, a small town in Shawano County. Pelkey said her sister and James were adamant that their foster children have a great life. She told The Post-Crescent the couple wanted their foster children to have a family and wanted them to feel loved.
Two other foster children in the Gollnow's vehicle survived the crash on Interstate 65. A combined memorial service for the family will be held Saturday in the Marion Elementary School gym.
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes
- Madison middle school to require student uniforms