DUBUQUE, Iowa - A Wisconsin-based printing company plans to close its facility in northeast Iowa.
The Telegraph Herald reported Quad Graphics of Sussex, Wis., announced Wednesday it will close its printing plant in Dubuque. The move will impact 215 jobs at the plant, though it's unclear if the jobs will be offered somewhere else.
The company said in August that it would trim its work force by 50 to 60 jobs by the end of year. An additional 24 jobs were cut last May.
The company said the closing is due to a changing industry which includes the popularity of e-books. Production work will be transferred to other U.S. plants.
- Shredfest helps protect more than 1,100 people's identities
- 'Life goes on': Production ends at Oscar Mayer plant
- Vehicles, building hit by bullets in Fitchburg
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed