DUBUQUE, Iowa - A Wisconsin-based printing company plans to close its facility in northeast Iowa.
The Telegraph Herald reported Quad Graphics of Sussex, Wis., announced Wednesday it will close its printing plant in Dubuque. The move will impact 215 jobs at the plant, though it's unclear if the jobs will be offered somewhere else.
The company said in August that it would trim its work force by 50 to 60 jobs by the end of year. An additional 24 jobs were cut last May.
The company said the closing is due to a changing industry which includes the popularity of e-books. Production work will be transferred to other U.S. plants.
- Pickup truck, car fall through ice on 2 Dodge County lakes
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Driver of car going 107 mph suspected of drug use, deputies say
- Car reported missing discovered crashed into condo, police say
- Driver who nearly strikes state patrol car charged with 4th OWI, trooper says