DUBUQUE, Iowa - A Wisconsin-based printing company plans to close its facility in northeast Iowa.
The Telegraph Herald reported Quad Graphics of Sussex, Wis., announced Wednesday it will close its printing plant in Dubuque. The move will impact 215 jobs at the plant, though it's unclear if the jobs will be offered somewhere else.
The company said in August that it would trim its work force by 50 to 60 jobs by the end of year. An additional 24 jobs were cut last May.
The company said the closing is due to a changing industry which includes the popularity of e-books. Production work will be transferred to other U.S. plants.
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say