PLEASANT PRAIRIE, Wis. - A Wisconsin couple is facing misdemeanor child-endangerment charges for leaving their baby in a parked car while they shopped for sex toys in northern Illinois.
A WTMJ-TV report posted Wednesday says the parents were shopping at Lover's Lane in Libertyville, Ill., on June 22. Libertyville police say the couple left their 9-month old son in the sweltering car for 20 minutes without air conditioning.
Police say the baby was crying and sweating profusely. They say he doesn't appear to have suffered any long-term effects.
The father is an 18-year-old from Kenosha and the mother is a 20-year-old from Pleasant Prairie. They told police they left the boy in the car because no one under the age of 18 is allowed inside the store.
They're due in court August 2.
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program
- East side Walgreens robbed at gunpoint Sunday
- New emergency equipment aids obese patients in Wisconsin
- Facebook CEO Zuckerberg visits Madison Sunday
- Wisconsin, U.S. used flawed hair evidence to convict innocent people