PITTSFIELD TOWNSHIP, Mich. - Michigan police say they arrested a 28-year-old Wisconsin man for reportedly shooting at motorists.
Police in Washtenaw County's Pittsfield Township said they responded early Wednesday to a wooded area near U.S. Highway 23 and Michigan Avenue after a 911 caller reported a man dressed in a black trench coat standing near a bridge and shooting at traffic.
Police said they spotted the suspect walking in the area and took him into custody. They tracked his footprints in the snow and found a sawed-off shotgun.
No injuries were reported and police say no vehicles were struck in the area near Ann Arbor, about 35 miles southwest of Detroit.
The man is being held at the Washtenaw County Jail, pending a review of possible charges. His name and hometown weren't immediately released.
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes
- Madison middle school to require student uniforms