PITTSFIELD TOWNSHIP, Mich. - Michigan police say they arrested a 28-year-old Wisconsin man for reportedly shooting at motorists.
Police in Washtenaw County's Pittsfield Township said they responded early Wednesday to a wooded area near U.S. Highway 23 and Michigan Avenue after a 911 caller reported a man dressed in a black trench coat standing near a bridge and shooting at traffic.
Police said they spotted the suspect walking in the area and took him into custody. They tracked his footprints in the snow and found a sawed-off shotgun.
No injuries were reported and police say no vehicles were struck in the area near Ann Arbor, about 35 miles southwest of Detroit.
The man is being held at the Washtenaw County Jail, pending a review of possible charges. His name and hometown weren't immediately released.
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets
- Wisconsin tribes clash in casino expansion fight
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks