PITTSFIELD TOWNSHIP, Mich. - Michigan police say they arrested a 28-year-old Wisconsin man for reportedly shooting at motorists.
Police in Washtenaw County's Pittsfield Township said they responded early Wednesday to a wooded area near U.S. Highway 23 and Michigan Avenue after a 911 caller reported a man dressed in a black trench coat standing near a bridge and shooting at traffic.
Police said they spotted the suspect walking in the area and took him into custody. They tracked his footprints in the snow and found a sawed-off shotgun.
No injuries were reported and police say no vehicles were struck in the area near Ann Arbor, about 35 miles southwest of Detroit.
The man is being held at the Washtenaw County Jail, pending a review of possible charges. His name and hometown weren't immediately released.
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend