TOWN OF TOMAHAWK, Wis. - Authorities in northern Wisconsin said a hunter whose body was found beneath his tree stand may have died following a heart attack.
The sheriff's office has identified the man as 54-year-old Nicholas L. Asmondy Sr. of Lakewood Township in Oconto County.
Asmondy had gone hunting in a wooded area near the city of Tomahawk. His son went to check on him Thursday evening and found him unresponsive on the ground.
Emergency officials responded and determined he was dead.
The Lincoln County sheriff's office said it appears Asmondy may have suffered a heart attack on the 20-foot-high tree stand and fallen to the ground.
Foul play is not suspected.
- Garrison Keillor coming to Breese Stevens Field
- Gun pointed at driver during road rage incident, deputies say
- Wisconsin family rescued from wave that throws them into tide pool
- New Zealand: Janesville doctor must pay for deadly crash
- Police: Crash leads to fourth OWI arrest
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street