TOWN OF TOMAHAWK, Wis. - Authorities in northern Wisconsin said a hunter whose body was found beneath his tree stand may have died following a heart attack.
The sheriff's office has identified the man as 54-year-old Nicholas L. Asmondy Sr. of Lakewood Township in Oconto County.
Asmondy had gone hunting in a wooded area near the city of Tomahawk. His son went to check on him Thursday evening and found him unresponsive on the ground.
Emergency officials responded and determined he was dead.
The Lincoln County sheriff's office said it appears Asmondy may have suffered a heart attack on the 20-foot-high tree stand and fallen to the ground.
Foul play is not suspected.
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend
- Madison police have video of road rage incident involving a car and bike
- Robbery suspect arrested after stealing purse containing $1