TOWN OF TOMAHAWK, Wis. - Authorities in northern Wisconsin said a hunter whose body was found beneath his tree stand may have died following a heart attack.
The sheriff's office has identified the man as 54-year-old Nicholas L. Asmondy Sr. of Lakewood Township in Oconto County.
Asmondy had gone hunting in a wooded area near the city of Tomahawk. His son went to check on him Thursday evening and found him unresponsive on the ground.
Emergency officials responded and determined he was dead.
The Lincoln County sheriff's office said it appears Asmondy may have suffered a heart attack on the 20-foot-high tree stand and fallen to the ground.
Foul play is not suspected.
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need
- Woman's self-written obituary goes viral