MADISON, Wis. - Fort McCoy officials are taking hunter applications for the base's spring turkey season.
Hunters can access applications on the fort's website. Hunters who submit an application by Feb. 11 will be entered into a computerized permit drawing. Hunters who miss the deadline will still be eligible for any remaining permits on a first-come, first-serve basis. Anyone who obtains a state turkey permit is ineligible for a fort permit.
The fort will offer six hunting periods beginning in April. One period will last three days. The other periods will run for five days each.
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes