MADISON, Wis. - Fort McCoy officials are taking hunter applications for the base's spring turkey season.
Hunters can access applications on the fort's website. Hunters who submit an application by Feb. 11 will be entered into a computerized permit drawing. Hunters who miss the deadline will still be eligible for any remaining permits on a first-come, first-serve basis. Anyone who obtains a state turkey permit is ineligible for a fort permit.
The fort will offer six hunting periods beginning in April. One period will last three days. The other periods will run for five days each.
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Judge properly moved teen into adult system to protect him
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Hundreds of thousands of candies blanket Dodge County road, sheriff says
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer
- Walker sends letter in support of DeVos for education head