Wisconsin first lady Tonette Walker and state Department of Veterans Affairs Secretary John Scocos are slated to host a dance to benefit the state veterans museum.
"Faces of Freedom -- A Year of the Veteran Celebration" is set for the evening of Saturday, March 2, at the Hyatt Regency in Milwaukee. The event will include a reception hosted by Walker, a program saluting veterans, a performance by Milwaukee comedian Fred Klett, live music and dancing. Museum employees also will be on hand to record veterans' tales.
The event is open to the public. Tickets will cost $50 per person.
Walker's husband, Gov. Scott Walker, declared 2012 the year of the veteran.
- Local woman shares warning after credit card theft
- Bond reduced in UW-Stout student death case
- Madison police make arrest in downtown robbery
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving