The state Department of Natural Resources is urging ice fishing tournament organizers to apply for 2013 permits soon.
The agency says organizers must apply at least 30 days before their event. Organizers must obtain a permit for events involving 100 or more participants, events that target any trout species on waters classified as trout streams, the total price is $10,000 or more, the tournament is catch-hold-and-release or participants can cull bass.
The DNR received 114 ice fishing tournament applications in 2012. The agency has received 69 applications so far for 2013 events.
Application forms are available on the DNR's website.
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land
- Victims chase suspected burglars with shovel
- Wisconsin school advocates pushing for more money
- Research indicates correct breast examination techniques are widely misunderstood