The state Department of Natural Resources has issued more than 135,000 spring turkey permits through its annual lottery.
DNR officials say 135,155 applicants won a permit. The agency will make another 99,610 permits available through over-the-counter sales in March.
The spring turkey season will go from April 10 through May 21. The season will be divided into six seven-day periods across seven zones.
Hunters killed 42,433 turkeys during the 2012 spring season.
- Garrison Keillor coming to Breese Stevens Field
- Gun pointed at driver during road rage incident, deputies say
- Wisconsin family rescued from wave that throws them into tide pool
- New Zealand: Janesville doctor must pay for deadly crash
- Police: Crash leads to fourth OWI arrest
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street