The Legislature's finance committee is set to hold the first of four public hearings on Gov. Scott Walker's executive budget this week.
The Joint Finance Committee is scheduled to convene at Greendale High School on Thursday morning. Attendees will get a chance to voice their thoughts about Walker's spending plan.
The other three hearings are scheduled for April 8 at Lambeau Field, April 10 at the Kalahari Resort in Wisconsin Dells and April 18 at Baldwin-Woodville High School in Baldwin.
The committee then will return to the state Capitol in Madison and begin making revisions to the budget. That process likely will take weeks. Once the committee finishes its work, it will forward the budget to the full Legislature for a vote.
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend