The Legislature's finance committee is set to hold the first of four public hearings on Gov. Scott Walker's executive budget this week.
The Joint Finance Committee is scheduled to convene at Greendale High School on Thursday morning. Attendees will get a chance to voice their thoughts about Walker's spending plan.
The other three hearings are scheduled for April 8 at Lambeau Field, April 10 at the Kalahari Resort in Wisconsin Dells and April 18 at Baldwin-Woodville High School in Baldwin.
The committee then will return to the state Capitol in Madison and begin making revisions to the budget. That process likely will take weeks. Once the committee finishes its work, it will forward the budget to the full Legislature for a vote.
- Shredfest helps protect more than 1,100 people's identities
- 'Life goes on': Production ends at Oscar Mayer plant
- Vehicles, building hit by bullets in Fitchburg
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed