MADISON, Wis. - Animal lover are planning a memorial for the wolves Wisconsin hunters killed this fall.
Organizer Deanna Devaul, a member of the Alliance for Animals, says the memorial is scheduled for Friday afternoon in front of the state Department of Natural Resources headquarters in Madison. She says the proceedings will include candles, bell-ringing and a poem honoring the dead wolves.
The DNR ran the state's first organized wolf hunt this fall. Hunters killed 117 animals statewide.
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets