MADISON, Wis. - Animal lover are planning a memorial for the wolves Wisconsin hunters killed this fall.
Organizer Deanna Devaul, a member of the Alliance for Animals, says the memorial is scheduled for Friday afternoon in front of the state Department of Natural Resources headquarters in Madison. She says the proceedings will include candles, bell-ringing and a poem honoring the dead wolves.
The DNR ran the state's first organized wolf hunt this fall. Hunters killed 117 animals statewide.
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need
- Woman's self-written obituary goes viral
- Ryan meets in Janesville with police chiefs from across US
- Review: MSO, APT craft annual 'Beyond the Score' concert