MADISON, Wis. - Animal lover are planning a memorial for the wolves Wisconsin hunters killed this fall.
Organizer Deanna Devaul, a member of the Alliance for Animals, says the memorial is scheduled for Friday afternoon in front of the state Department of Natural Resources headquarters in Madison. She says the proceedings will include candles, bell-ringing and a poem honoring the dead wolves.
The DNR ran the state's first organized wolf hunt this fall. Hunters killed 117 animals statewide.
- Research indicates correct breast examination techniques are widely understood
- Shell casings found downtown after shots fired call
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam