MADISON, Wis. - Parts of Wisconsin are getting a reminder that March can deliver a variety of weather conditions.
Heavy snow is falling in southwestern Wisconsin after a weekend of rainy, spring-like weather. The National Weather Service has posted a winter storm warning for a region that includes La Crosse, Sparta and Tomah.
Some schools have delayed the start of classes Monday by two hours, including Spring Grove, Black River Falls, Sparta and Blair-Taylor.
Forecasters say 5 inches to 9 inches is expected to accumulate by the time the storm moves on later Monday.
- Baldwin encourages U.S. Dept. of Agriculture secretary to Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in state
- Food delivery drivers targeted in Madison robberies, police say
- Fire marshal called to 2 fires in Jefferson County
- Witness: Man points gun at kids playing basketball
- License plate left behind at hit-and-run scene IDs driver, police say