MADISON, Wis. - Parts of Wisconsin are getting a reminder that March can deliver a variety of weather conditions.
Heavy snow is falling in southwestern Wisconsin after a weekend of rainy, spring-like weather. The National Weather Service has posted a winter storm warning for a region that includes La Crosse, Sparta and Tomah.
Some schools have delayed the start of classes Monday by two hours, including Spring Grove, Black River Falls, Sparta and Blair-Taylor.
Forecasters say 5 inches to 9 inches is expected to accumulate by the time the storm moves on later Monday.
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Warmer weather creates a bumpy ride for drivers
- 3 teens arrested in connection to several vandalism cases
- UW-Whitewater lowers flag for student killed in crash
- Man says Milwaukee sheriff Clarke detained him after run-in
- MPD asking for help finding 9-month-old