LA CROSSE, Wis. - Parts of Wisconsin are getting a reminder that March can deliver a variety of weather conditions.
Heavy snow fell Monday in southwestern Wisconsin after a weekend of rainy, spring-like weather.
The National Weather Service reports Longwood received 10 inches of snow. Other snowfall reports include 8 inches in Medford, 7.5 inches in Osseo and 6 inches in Merrillan.
Some schools delayed the start of classes Monday by two hours, including Spring Grove, Black River Falls, Sparta and Blair-Taylor.
Minor flooding is reported in southern Wisconsin. In Beloit, isolated flooding is reported next to the Turtle Creek. Residents are urged to avoid canoeing and kayaking on the fast-moving Turtle Creek or on Rock River.
The Rock County Sheriff's Office also reports high water over some roads.
- Chief: Monday 'a horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK
- Look, up in the sky! It's gypsy moth sprayers
- AG Schimel: Undercover campaign videos reveal no crime