LA CROSSE, Wis. - Parts of Wisconsin are getting a reminder that March can deliver a variety of weather conditions.
Heavy snow fell Monday in southwestern Wisconsin after a weekend of rainy, spring-like weather.
The National Weather Service reports Longwood received 10 inches of snow. Other snowfall reports include 8 inches in Medford, 7.5 inches in Osseo and 6 inches in Merrillan.
Some schools delayed the start of classes Monday by two hours, including Spring Grove, Black River Falls, Sparta and Blair-Taylor.
Minor flooding is reported in southern Wisconsin. In Beloit, isolated flooding is reported next to the Turtle Creek. Residents are urged to avoid canoeing and kayaking on the fast-moving Turtle Creek or on Rock River.
The Rock County Sheriff's Office also reports high water over some roads.
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement