EAU CLAIRE, Wis. - Snow plow drivers worked to clear roads of more than a foot of snow that fell in western Wisconsin.
Some school districts canceled classes Monday, including Chippewa Falls, Eau Claire and Barron. Heavy, steady snow Sunday fell across Minnesota and western Wisconsin, with totals lighter south of the Chippewa Valley.
The winter-like weather caused numerous accidents, including a jackknifed semi that closed a westbound lane of Interstate 94 near Menomonie about 2 a.m. Monday.
The storm had less of an impact in southern Wisconsin. The Dane County Regional Airport had about 3 1/2 inches of snow Sunday night.
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart