EAU CLAIRE, Wis. - Snow plow drivers worked to clear roads of more than a foot of snow that fell in western Wisconsin.
Some school districts canceled classes Monday, including Chippewa Falls, Eau Claire and Barron. Heavy, steady snow Sunday fell across Minnesota and western Wisconsin, with totals lighter south of the Chippewa Valley.
The winter-like weather caused numerous accidents, including a jackknifed semi that closed a westbound lane of Interstate 94 near Menomonie about 2 a.m. Monday.
The storm had less of an impact in southern Wisconsin. The Dane County Regional Airport had about 3 1/2 inches of snow Sunday night.
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need
- Woman's self-written obituary goes viral