EAU CLAIRE, Wis. - Snow plow drivers worked to clear roads of more than a foot of snow that fell in western Wisconsin.
Some school districts canceled classes Monday, including Chippewa Falls, Eau Claire and Barron. Heavy, steady snow Sunday fell across Minnesota and western Wisconsin, with totals lighter south of the Chippewa Valley.
The winter-like weather caused numerous accidents, including a jackknifed semi that closed a westbound lane of Interstate 94 near Menomonie about 2 a.m. Monday.
The storm had less of an impact in southern Wisconsin. The Dane County Regional Airport had about 3 1/2 inches of snow Sunday night.
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire