EAU CLAIRE, Wis. - Snow plow drivers worked to clear roads of more than a foot of snow that fell in western Wisconsin.
Some school districts canceled classes Monday, including Chippewa Falls, Eau Claire and Barron. Heavy, steady snow Sunday fell across Minnesota and western Wisconsin, with totals lighter south of the Chippewa Valley.
The winter-like weather caused numerous accidents, including a jackknifed semi that closed a westbound lane of Interstate 94 near Menomonie about 2 a.m. Monday.
The storm had less of an impact in southern Wisconsin. The Dane County Regional Airport had about 3 1/2 inches of snow Sunday night.
- Bullets hit 2 apartment buildings, police say
- Wisconsin faces construction worker shortage as home building projects increase
- Prosecutor says no water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Extra patrols added for spring party
- Shirtless female toddler on splash pad sparks debate
- Teacher confesses to sex with student in classroom