WHITEWATER, Wis. - Forty-two employees will permanently lose their jobs when VyMaC Corporation closes its facility on State Road 59 East in Whitewater, according to a release.
The closure is due to VyMaC's decision to sell the assets of the business, according to the release. The buyer will not be operating from the Whitewater facility and will not retain any of the employees.
Eight salaried and 34 hourly positions will be eliminated in the closure, officials said. The company expects to start eliminating positions this month and will continue in phases until the facility closes completely on Feb. 28.
The company will pay employees all earned wages and agreed-upon benefits at the end of their employment, according to the release.
- Man suffers ‘incapacitating injury' in Grant County crash, deputies say
- Surveillance video shows burglars breaking into Madison cellphone store
- Records show little GOP feedback to state education plan
- Lincoln Hills psychologist dismissed
- Kenosha teen who stabbed classmate was punched by victim
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online