WHITEWATER, Wis. - Forty-two employees will permanently lose their jobs when VyMaC Corporation closes its facility on State Road 59 East in Whitewater, according to a release.
The closure is due to VyMaC's decision to sell the assets of the business, according to the release. The buyer will not be operating from the Whitewater facility and will not retain any of the employees.
Eight salaried and 34 hourly positions will be eliminated in the closure, officials said. The company expects to start eliminating positions this month and will continue in phases until the facility closes completely on Feb. 28.
The company will pay employees all earned wages and agreed-upon benefits at the end of their employment, according to the release.
- Dane County plans to buy land to make Capital City State Trail safer
- Handful of rat virus cases seen in Wisconsin and Illinois
- Hilldale Mall launches redevelopment of south side
- State unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- Expect traffic delays in downtown Madison for Women's March Saturday
- Police arrest suspected heroin dealers, seize 3 guns, $28K cash