MADISON, Wis. - The smell of marijuana smoke coming from an SUV led to the arrest of a Madison man accused of carrying a concealed weapon and receiving stolen property, according to a release from Madison police.
Officers approached the SUV Friday night in the State Street campus garage at 415 N. Lake Street after the smell of marijuana smoke was noticed coming from a window.
Charles L. Nance, 28, told police he purchased the .357 Magnum on Craigslist, but later told officers he bought the gun in the last month from someone he met in a liquor store parking lot.
Police said the gun was loaded and had been stolen in a west-side burglary in 2012.
- UWM instructor hopes students can find solution to lead problem
- Man arrested on suspicion of OWI after crash
- Assembly Republicans plan to add $300 million for roads
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration