MADISON, Wis. - The smell of marijuana smoke coming from an SUV led to the arrest of a Madison man accused of carrying a concealed weapon and receiving stolen property, according to a release from Madison police.
Officers approached the SUV Friday night in the State Street campus garage at 415 N. Lake Street after the smell of marijuana smoke was noticed coming from a window.
Charles L. Nance, 28, told police he purchased the .357 Magnum on Craigslist, but later told officers he bought the gun in the last month from someone he met in a liquor store parking lot.
Police said the gun was loaded and had been stolen in a west-side burglary in 2012.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK