TOWN OF SPRINGFIELD, Wis. - Firefighters battled a blaze in a barn north of Middleton that might have started because of wet hay, according to the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
Firefighters were called out to the farm at 6969 Riles Road in the town of Springfield at 5:52 a.m. on Friday.
The owner of the farm discovered the fire. No people or animals were hurt because of the fire. The barn is considered a total loss.
Riles Road west of U.S. Highway 12 was closed during the fire.
Deputies said the fire remains under investigation but doesn't appear suspicious.
Firefighters from Middleton, Cross Plains, Waunakee, Black Earth, Dane, and Sauk Prairie assisted at the scene.
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes