TOWN OF SPRINGFIELD, Wis. - Firefighters battled a blaze in a barn north of Middleton that might have started because of wet hay, according to the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
Firefighters were called out to the farm at 6969 Riles Road in the town of Springfield at 5:52 a.m. on Friday.
The owner of the farm discovered the fire. No people or animals were hurt because of the fire. The barn is considered a total loss.
Riles Road west of U.S. Highway 12 was closed during the fire.
Deputies said the fire remains under investigation but doesn't appear suspicious.
Firefighters from Middleton, Cross Plains, Waunakee, Black Earth, Dane, and Sauk Prairie assisted at the scene.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land