MADISON, Wis. - Lane closures are expected on West Johnson Street between North Charter and North Frances streets until mid-August, according to a release.
The City of Madison is replacing curb and gutter, and terrace pavers along West Johnson Street, according to the release.
Officials said the construction will close West Johnson Street between North Charter and North Frances streets from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Thursdays. Closures should also be expected 9 a.m. Fridays through 7 a.m. Mondays.
The project is expected to last until mid-August, according to the release.
Moderate traffic congestion is expected during the lane closures and officials encourage motorists to use alternative routes to avoid delays.
- Local woman shares warning after credit card theft
- Bond reduced in UW-Stout student death case
- Madison police make arrest in downtown robbery
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving