MADISON, Wis. - The 400 block of West Gilman Street will be closed for three days starting on Monday, according to a release.
During the closure, crews will be setting up two tower cranes on a development site at 441 N Frances St., officials said.
West Gilman Street will be closed between University Avenue and State Street Monday through Wednesday, according to the release. Traffic will also be restricted on the 400 block of North Frances Street Wednesday through Friday.
During the closure on West Gilman Street, two-way traffic from North Broom Street to residences and businesses on the east end of the street will be allowed, officials said. Local vehicle access to residences and the State Street Campus-Frances Parking Garage on Frances Street will also be allowed during the closures.
Pedestrians will be allowed on both streets during the closures, according to the release.
Officials urge motorists and bicyclists to use alternate routes to avoid delays during the closures.
- Man arrested on suspicion of 4th OWI
- Former president George H.W. Bush hospitalized
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century