MADISON, Wis. - The 400 block of West Gilman Street will be closed for three days starting on Monday, according to a release.
During the closure, crews will be setting up two tower cranes on a development site at 441 N Frances St., officials said.
West Gilman Street will be closed between University Avenue and State Street Monday through Wednesday, according to the release. Traffic will also be restricted on the 400 block of North Frances Street Wednesday through Friday.
During the closure on West Gilman Street, two-way traffic from North Broom Street to residences and businesses on the east end of the street will be allowed, officials said. Local vehicle access to residences and the State Street Campus-Frances Parking Garage on Frances Street will also be allowed during the closures.
Pedestrians will be allowed on both streets during the closures, according to the release.
Officials urge motorists and bicyclists to use alternate routes to avoid delays during the closures.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK