MADISON, Wis. - The 400 block of West Dayton Street will be closed the rest of the week for contractors to install utilities, according to a city of Madison release.
West Dayton Street between North Bassett and North Broom streets will be closed to through-traffic starting Tuesday, officials said. The closure is scheduled from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. through Friday.
The street will be reopened to two-way traffic each day after 5 p.m., according to the release.
Local access to residences on the 400 block of West Dayton Street will be maintained at all times, officials said. Pedestrian traffic will be maintained on the south side of West Dayton Street and to all residences at all times during the closure.
Officials encourage motorists and bicyclists to use alternate routes to avoid delays during the closure.
- Sheriff: Man driving 30 mph over speed limit was drunk
- Stoughton woman faces 5th OWI charge
- Farms' thirst for water roils Wisconsin's central sands
- Town of Janesville man faces 6th OWI
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000