MADISON, Wis. - The 400 block of West Dayton Street will be closed the rest of the week for contractors to install utilities, according to a city of Madison release.
West Dayton Street between North Bassett and North Broom streets will be closed to through-traffic starting Tuesday, officials said. The closure is scheduled from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. through Friday.
The street will be reopened to two-way traffic each day after 5 p.m., according to the release.
Local access to residences on the 400 block of West Dayton Street will be maintained at all times, officials said. Pedestrian traffic will be maintained on the south side of West Dayton Street and to all residences at all times during the closure.
Officials encourage motorists and bicyclists to use alternate routes to avoid delays during the closure.
- Man arrested on suspicion of OWI after crash injuries 3
- Man arrested on suspicion of 4th OWI
- Former president George H.W. Bush hospitalized
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap