MADISON, Wis. - Gov. Scott Walker has declared Wednesday as Snowplow Driver Appreciation Day in Wisconsin.
The proclamation highlights the important role snowplow operators play in keeping people and commerce moving throughout the winter, officials said.
"At the Wisconsin Department of Transportation, we have a nationally-unique and highly-valued partnership with county highway departments across the state who do an outstanding job keeping state roadways clear of snow and ice," WisDOT Secretary Mark Gottlieb said in the release. "County and municipal plow operators work long hours under difficult conditions. As drivers, we need to do our part by giving them room to work and staying off roads when severe winter weather makes travel treacherous."
- Make your smart home safe, secure
- Neighbors planning action after west side shots fired incident
- Elementary school staff member on leave after physical altercation at school
- Grant provides free Disney theater program for local schools
- Recent school bus crash brings back debate over seat belts on buses
- Madison to host Pokemon Regional Championships