MOUNT HOREB, Wis. - The Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation hopes a new grant will help with job growth in Mount Horeb.
The $250,000 grant will help transform an empty building into an innovation center for Mount Horeb.
The Duluth Trading Company president announced Tuesday the company will use a part of the center to house its marketing department, which will create 100 jobs for the village.
"Something should change. We should have people coming to this town to work instead of leaving this town to work. I am so thrilled that this village has Duluth Trading, and now you're going to expand our job base," Mount Horeb Village President Dave Becker said.
The clothing company already has a retail center in Mount Horeb. Duluth Trading is relocating about 80 employees from its Belleville office to the new center.
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes