MOUNT HOREB, Wis. - The Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation hopes a new grant will help with job growth in Mount Horeb.
The $250,000 grant will help transform an empty building into an innovation center for Mount Horeb.
The Duluth Trading Company president announced Tuesday the company will use a part of the center to house its marketing department, which will create 100 jobs for the village.
"Something should change. We should have people coming to this town to work instead of leaving this town to work. I am so thrilled that this village has Duluth Trading, and now you're going to expand our job base," Mount Horeb Village President Dave Becker said.
The clothing company already has a retail center in Mount Horeb. Duluth Trading is relocating about 80 employees from its Belleville office to the new center.
- Man arrested on suspicion of OWI after crash injures 3
- Man arrested on suspicion of 4th OWI
- Former president George H.W. Bush hospitalized
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap