MADISON, Wis. - A reward is being offered for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person who robbed a Home Savings Bank Feb. 18, according to a release.
The Wisconsin Bankers Association is offering a reward of up to $5,000 for information about the robbery, officials said.
The robbery occurred at the Home Savings Bank at 7701 Mineral Point Road, according to the release. A black semiautomatic handgun was seen during the robbery.
The robber is described as a white man approximately 5 feet 10 inches tall to 6 feet tall with a medium-heavy build and a distinct walk, officials said. He was wearing an olive green jacket with black patches on the shoulder and sides, as well as a black vertical stripe on the hood.
"This reward is offered to provide another tool for law enforcement. Bank robbers are dangerous individuals who put the public and bank employees at risk," WBA President and CEO Rose Oswald Poels said in the release. "WBA and its members are committed to actions that bring these individuals to justice and deliver the message that robberies are not going to be tolerated."
Anyone with information concerning the robbery is asked to contact 608-255-2345 and reference Madison Police Department case 14-51388.
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend
- Madison police have video of road rage incident involving a car and bike