WAUSAU, Wis. - An 18-year-old man carrying a loaded handgun has been arrested after a threat that locked down a central Wisconsin school.
Wausau West High School went on a lockdown Friday for about an hour after a female student received a threatening text message from the 18-year-old, who was not a student at the school.
The female student notified an administrator. Within about 20 minutes police had formed a perimeter around the school.
The man, from Rothschild, was arrested on tentative charges of threats to injure and misdemeanor charges of carrying a concealed weapon and disorderly conduct.
The Wausau Daily Herald reported he's scheduled to make a court appearance Monday.
- Officials identify two men killed in Sheboygan plane crash
- CANCELED: Wisconsin River slow, no-wake order
- Janesville police take extra precautions after fentanyl found in area
- Forged letter criticizes local police chief
- DNR determines several factors led to Janesville fish kill
- Memorial Day travel expected to hit highest rate since 2005