WAUSAU, Wis. - An 18-year-old man carrying a loaded handgun has been arrested after a threat that locked down a central Wisconsin school.
Wausau West High School went on a lockdown Friday for about an hour after a female student received a threatening text message from the 18-year-old, who was not a student at the school.
The female student notified an administrator. Within about 20 minutes police had formed a perimeter around the school.
The man, from Rothschild, was arrested on tentative charges of threats to injure and misdemeanor charges of carrying a concealed weapon and disorderly conduct.
The Wausau Daily Herald reported he's scheduled to make a court appearance Monday.
- Milwaukee coroner: Skull found on vacant land is decades old
- Kenosha man faces re-trial in 1990 murder of woman, 18
- More than 100 people to lose jobs when distributor closes in Watertown
- Real-looking starter pistol held to man's head in planned robbery, police say
- PD: Suspected drunken driver goes for officer's gun, injures 2 officers
- Deputies: Couple caught stealing coats may be connected to other thefts