MOSINEE, Wis. - Wausau Paper Corp. said it plans to close its mill in Brainerd, Minn., putting 130 employees out of work.
Wausau said Thursday the shutdown will happen early in the second quarter of 2013.
The Mosinee-based company announced last month that it was putting the Brainerd mill -- and mills in Mosinee and Rhinelander -- up for sale. Those three mills make paper used for packaging, linings and masking tape.
In November, Wausau announced plans to end production of print paper at its Brainerd mill. The company planned to focus on its tissue business.
But Wausau said it became clear the Brainerd mill "will not contribute to those alternatives" and that the closing will "significantly improve" operating results in its paper segment.
Last year, Wausau closed its oldest mill in Brokaw.
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says