SIREN, Wis. - A police lieutenant who remains jailed in Burnett County is accused of committing crimes several hundred miles away.
Waupun Police Lt. Bradley Young is accused of burglarizing a restaurant in Green Lake, stealing two vehicles and leading police on a chase before he was arrested by SWAT officers from four counties Tuesday evening.
Waupun Deputy Police Chief Scott Louden planned to meeting with agents from the state Criminal Bureau of Investigation Wednesday on Young's case. Young has been placed on administrative leave by Waupun police pending the outcome of the case against him.
State Department of Justice spokeswoman Dana Brueck said the investigation into Young's actions is ongoing. Louden said state investigators will also look into whether Young can be tied to any other burglaries in the Green Lake County area.
- Garrison Keillor coming to Breese Stevens Field
- Gun pointed at driver during road rage incident, deputies say
- Wisconsin family rescued from wave that throws them into tide pool
- New Zealand: Janesville doctor must pay for deadly crash
- Police: Crash leads to 4th OWI arrest
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street