SIREN, Wis. - A police lieutenant who remains jailed in Burnett County is accused of committing crimes several hundred miles away.
Waupun Police Lt. Bradley Young is accused of burglarizing a restaurant in Green Lake, stealing two vehicles and leading police on a chase before he was arrested by SWAT officers from four counties Tuesday evening.
Waupun Deputy Police Chief Scott Louden planned to meeting with agents from the state Criminal Bureau of Investigation Wednesday on Young's case. Young has been placed on administrative leave by Waupun police pending the outcome of the case against him.
State Department of Justice spokeswoman Dana Brueck said the investigation into Young's actions is ongoing. Louden said state investigators will also look into whether Young can be tied to any other burglaries in the Green Lake County area.
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Judge properly moved teen into adult system to protect him
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Hundreds of thousands of candies blanket Dodge County road, sheriff says
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer
- Walker sends letter in support of DeVos for education head