TOWN OF PACIFIC, Wis. - The woman who died in a two-vehicle crash on Highway 51 at Highway P south of Portage Sunday morning has been identified.
Jane L. Dedrich, 53, of Waunakee, died at the scene around 11:15 a.m. in the town of Pacific, according to a release.
The Columbia County Sheriff's Office said Dedrich was driving a Cadillac on Highway P, obeyed a stop sign, then went into the path of a pickup truck traveling on Highway 51/16.
A 9-year-old girl was also in that Cadillac and was taken to UW Hospital. A dog riding in that car was taken to a local veterinarian.
The truck driver, Gene L. Krinke, 47, of Reeseville, was treated and released.
Authorities said alcohol and speed do not appear to be factors in this crash.
According to the Wisconsin Department of Transportation, the left lanes in both directions of Highway 51 at County P were closed due to the crash.
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets
- Wisconsin tribes clash in casino expansion fight
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks