TOWN OF PACIFIC, Wis. - The woman who died in a two-vehicle crash on Highway 51 at Highway P south of Portage Sunday morning has been identified.
Jane L. Dedrich, 53, of Waunakee, died at the scene around 11:15 a.m. in the town of Pacific, according to a release.
The Columbia County Sheriff's Office said Dedrich was driving a Cadillac on Highway P, obeyed a stop sign, then went into the path of a pickup truck traveling on Highway 51/16.
A 9-year-old girl was also in that Cadillac and was taken to UW Hospital. A dog riding in that car was taken to a local veterinarian.
The truck driver, Gene L. Krinke, 47, of Reeseville, was treated and released.
Authorities said alcohol and speed do not appear to be factors in this crash.
According to the Wisconsin Department of Transportation, the left lanes in both directions of Highway 51 at County P were closed due to the crash.
- UW-Madison chosen by U.S DOT to test automated vehicles
- Janesville robotics team among top 10 in global competition, moves to final round
- EPA grant freeze could ‘pull rug out from under' UW-Madison research
- Man on trial for deadly shooting says he was fearful for his life
- Suspected serial thief steals again, police say
- State manufacturing tax credit continues to grow