DELAFIELD, Wis. - A Waukesha County sheriff's deputy has shot a man inside a Delafield home.
The Sheriff's Office said it got a call at 1:50 p.m. Tuesday from a woman in the house. She said a 31-year-old relative of hers was suicidal and had a shotgun. She said he had fired at least one shot.
When deputies arrived, they ordered the man to drop the shotgun. The Sheriff's Office said when he refused, a deputy shot him.
The man was taken to Froedtert Hospital. His condition is unknown.
WISN-TV reported the woman in the home and the deputy, a 22-year veteran of the force, were not hurt.
Walworth County will investigate the case.
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire