DELAFIELD, Wis. - A Waukesha County sheriff's deputy has shot a man inside a Delafield home.
The Sheriff's Office said it got a call at 1:50 p.m. Tuesday from a woman in the house. She said a 31-year-old relative of hers was suicidal and had a shotgun. She said he had fired at least one shot.
When deputies arrived, they ordered the man to drop the shotgun. The Sheriff's Office said when he refused, a deputy shot him.
The man was taken to Froedtert Hospital. His condition is unknown.
WISN-TV reported the woman in the home and the deputy, a 22-year veteran of the force, were not hurt.
Walworth County will investigate the case.
- Baldwin, other senators seek assurances from Trump pick for EPA
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowski traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say