DELAFIELD, Wis. - A Waukesha County sheriff's deputy has shot a man inside a Delafield home.
The Sheriff's Office said it got a call at 1:50 p.m. Tuesday from a woman in the house. She said a 31-year-old relative of hers was suicidal and had a shotgun. She said he had fired at least one shot.
When deputies arrived, they ordered the man to drop the shotgun. The Sheriff's Office said when he refused, a deputy shot him.
The man was taken to Froedtert Hospital. His condition is unknown.
WISN-TV reported the woman in the home and the deputy, a 22-year veteran of the force, were not hurt.
Walworth County will investigate the case.
- MFD: 1 transported from rollover crash on John Nolen Drive
- Woman accused of stabbing acquaintance turns herself in to police
- Victim tells police man who stabbed him frequently ‘mooches' from him
- Remains of 3 Ohio plane crash victims identified
- 29-year-old man dies from injuries suffered in Beloit fire
- Suspended UW-Madison student wants sex charges dismissed