DELAFIELD, Wis. - A Waukesha County sheriff's deputy has shot a man inside a Delafield home.
The Sheriff's Office said it got a call at 1:50 p.m. Tuesday from a woman in the house. She said a 31-year-old relative of hers was suicidal and had a shotgun. She said he had fired at least one shot.
When deputies arrived, they ordered the man to drop the shotgun. The Sheriff's Office said when he refused, a deputy shot him.
The man was taken to Froedtert Hospital. His condition is unknown.
WISN-TV reported the woman in the home and the deputy, a 22-year veteran of the force, were not hurt.
Walworth County will investigate the case.
- Garrison Keillor coming to Breese Stevens Field
- Gun pointed at driver during road rage incident, deputies say
- Wisconsin family rescued from wave that throws them into tide pool
- New Zealand: Janesville doctor must pay for deadly crash
- Police: Crash leads to 4th OWI arrest
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street