JANESVILLE, Wis. - Rock County officials say the area remains under a flood warning, but water levels on the Rock River are slowly decreasing.
The Rock River is at major flood stage in the Lake Koshkonong and Newville areas, and at moderate flood stage in the Afton area.
Local forecasts are calling for precipitation through next week -- and the water is forecast to rise again -- but the levels are slowly decreasing right now.
Residents who need sandbags are encouraged to contact local officials.
High school students, fire departments, inmate crews, and other volunteers have been filling thousands of sandbags and leaving them throughout the county so residents can easily access them.
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart