JANESVILLE, Wis. - Rock County officials say the area remains under a flood warning, but water levels on the Rock River are slowly decreasing.
The Rock River is at major flood stage in the Lake Koshkonong and Newville areas, and at moderate flood stage in the Afton area.
Local forecasts are calling for precipitation through next week -- and the water is forecast to rise again -- but the levels are slowly decreasing right now.
Residents who need sandbags are encouraged to contact local officials.
High school students, fire departments, inmate crews, and other volunteers have been filling thousands of sandbags and leaving them throughout the county so residents can easily access them.
- Research indicates correct breast examination techniques are widely understood
- Shell casings found downtown after shots fired call
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam