SHEBOYGAN, Wis. - Sheboygan police say a 26-year-old man bungee jumped off a 140-foot crane and posted a video of the stunt online.
Nick Propson of Maribel faces up to nine months in jail and a $10,000 fine if convicted of misdemeanor entry onto a construction site.
Propson voluntarily reported to the police four days after the July jump at the Acuity Insurance site. A criminal complaint says he admitted he was the jumper.
An Acuity manager had contacted police after seeing the video on YouTube. It now has tens of thousands of views.
Police say Propson wouldn't identify other people with him. He says he was alone on the crane, but another person can be seen behind him in the video.
The construction contractor says the recertification process for two onsite cranes cost roughly $3,000.WATCH: Man bungee jumped off crane
- Extra patrols added for spring party
- Shirtless female toddler on splash pad sparks debate
- Teacher confesses to sex with student in classroom
- Madison police find bullet in apartment on Russett Road
- Madison police investigate shots fired, crash
- Madison police investigating armed robbery at Oakcrest Tavern