PORTAGE, Wis. - A 72-year-old man wanted for violating the terms of his probation was captured by deputies after a high speed chase, according to the Columbia County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies said the man was considered armed and dangerous and believed he might have been armed.
A suspect vehicle was spotted Monday at 3:07 p.m. in Poynette, the vehicle pulled into a driveway and the deputy saw the man with a weapon before he got back into his vehicle and fled, according to deputies.
Deputies said they were able to end the high speed pursuit, but a patrol car collided with the man's vehicle and both vehicles had to be towed.
Deputies said they found a handgun and ammunition.
The man was taken to a mental health facility for evaluation. Reports were sent to the Columbia County District Attorney to consider charges.
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Suspect in custody in Middleton homicide
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns
- Sheriff: Alcohol may be factor in crash that injured two
- Two seriously injured in pickup vs. semi crash