DARLINGTON, Wis. - An additional homicide charge has been filed against the Argyle man accused of killing his three young sons and trying to kill his wife and daughter by setting fire to their home.
Armin Wand, 32, and his brother Jeremy Wand, 18, each face a charge of first degree homicide of an unborn child. Armin now faces a total of seven homicide charges. Jeremy is charged with six.
Armin's wife, Sharon Wand, was pregnant at the time of the fire and later lost the baby. She remains hospitalized at University of Wisconsin Hospital.
Doctors at University of Wisconsin Hospital recently said Sharon Wand is recovering remarkably, considering the condition she was in when she was admitted in early September.
Prosecutors said Armin and Jeremy Wand set fire to the house Sept. 7 to collect life insurance on Sharon, and their children. Allen, 7, Jeffrey, 5, and Joseph, 3, died in the fire. Sharon rescued the couple's daughter, Jessica, 2, from the fire.
Jeremy Wand was found competent to stand trial during a hearing Nov. 1.
Green County Judge Thomas Vale this week was appointed to replace a Lafayette County judge at the request of the Wand brothers' defense.
The defense is also asking for a change of venue.
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land
- Victims chase suspected burglars with shovel
- Wisconsin school advocates pushing for more money
- Research indicates correct breast examination techniques are widely misunderstood
- Shell casings found downtown after shots fired call
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'