MADISON, Wis. - Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker has submitted a letter in support of the proposed Keystone XL oil pipeline between Canada and refineries along the Gulf Coast of Texas.
Walker submitted the letter on Monday to Secretary of State John Kerry urging that the project be approved.
The proposed pipeline is at the center of a political battle. A coalition of environmentalists, Native Americans and some landowners are fighting the project. Oil companies, some labor unions and the Canadian government are pushing for project approval.
Walker says expanding the pipeline would have an "enormously positive economic impact" for the entire country, including in Wisconsin.
- Research indicates correct breast examination techniques are widely understood
- Shell casings found downtown after shots fired call
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam