NEW LONDON, Wis. - Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker will visit northeastern Wisconsin on Thursday morning to tour the damage from powerful storms that hit the area.
Walker will speak to reporters afterward at 7:50 a.m. at Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church in New London, which was destroyed by an EF-2 tornado.
Thunderstorms packing straight-line winds of more than 100 mph and two tornadoes early Wednesday caused at least one weather-related fatality, destroyed the church, barns and other buildings and cut power for what could be days to tens of thousands of people.
- 29-year-old man dies from injuries suffered in Beloit fire
- Suspended UW-Madison student wants sex charges dismissed
- Medical center closes while DEA investigates
- UWM instructor hopes students can find solution to lead problem
- Man arrested on suspicion of OWI after crash
- Assembly Republicans plan to add $300 million for roads