NEW LONDON, Wis. - Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker will visit northeastern Wisconsin on Thursday morning to tour the damage from powerful storms that hit the area.
Walker will speak to reporters afterward at 7:50 a.m. at Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church in New London, which was destroyed by an EF-2 tornado.
Thunderstorms packing straight-line winds of more than 100 mph and two tornadoes early Wednesday caused at least one weather-related fatality, destroyed the church, barns and other buildings and cut power for what could be days to tens of thousands of people.
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes
- Madison middle school to require student uniforms