Gov. Scott Walker plans to travel to central Wisconsin to attend a ceremony honoring Pearl Harbor veterans.
Walker is scheduled to speak at a ceremony Friday afternoon at the state veterans home in King. Clyde Stephenson, a former Marine who now lives in Appleton, also is scheduled to speak about how he was assigned to guard Oahu beaches from a possible land invasion and fired on Japanese planes.
Department of Veterans Affairs spokeswoman Carla Vigue says the agency expects about 200 people will attend, including two of the half-dozen or so Pearl Harbor veterans who reside at the home.
- Neighborhood initiative aims to diminish crime on Madison's east side
- Dodge Co. Sheriff asks for more student education after school threats made
- Two injured in Iowa County rollover crash
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program
- East side Walgreens robbed at gunpoint Sunday