Gov. Scott Walker is scheduled to speak about his state budget before a meeting of more than 1,000 business leaders across Wisconsin.
Walker is speaking Wednesday at the annual "Business Day" meeting organized by Wisconsin Manufacturers and Commerce.
The speech comes exactly one week before Walker is to unveil his next two-year state budget. He has already promised it will include an income tax cut, but he has not revealed the details of how that will be structured.
Walker has also been unveiling other parts of his plan in recent days, including spending on a variety of workforce and economic development initiatives.
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say