MADISON, Wis. - Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker said he'll commit an additional $100,000 to help support Hispanic-owned businesses.
Walker said the money from the Wisconsin Economic Development Corp. would help expand the revolving loan fund at the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce. WEDC made an initial seed investment of $100,000 in 2012 to help establish the loan program.
Walker said the investment is part of a plan to support businesses and job growth.
The Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Wisconsin creates, expands, and diversifies small and Hispanic-owned businesses, with a focus in the Milwaukee area
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says