MADISON, Wis. - Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker said he'll commit an additional $100,000 to help support Hispanic-owned businesses.
Walker said the money from the Wisconsin Economic Development Corp. would help expand the revolving loan fund at the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce. WEDC made an initial seed investment of $100,000 in 2012 to help establish the loan program.
Walker said the investment is part of a plan to support businesses and job growth.
The Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Wisconsin creates, expands, and diversifies small and Hispanic-owned businesses, with a focus in the Milwaukee area
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs
- Warmer weather creates bumpy ride for drivers