MADISON, Wis. - Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker said he'll commit an additional $100,000 to help support Hispanic-owned businesses.
Walker said the money from the Wisconsin Economic Development Corp. would help expand the revolving loan fund at the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce. WEDC made an initial seed investment of $100,000 in 2012 to help establish the loan program.
Walker said the investment is part of a plan to support businesses and job growth.
The Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Wisconsin creates, expands, and diversifies small and Hispanic-owned businesses, with a focus in the Milwaukee area
- Wisconsin school advocates pushing for more money
- Research indicates correct breast examination techniques are widely misunderstood
- Shell casings found downtown after shots fired call
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother