MADISON, Wis. - Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker said he'll commit an additional $100,000 to help support Hispanic-owned businesses.
Walker said the money from the Wisconsin Economic Development Corp. would help expand the revolving loan fund at the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce. WEDC made an initial seed investment of $100,000 in 2012 to help establish the loan program.
Walker said the investment is part of a plan to support businesses and job growth.
The Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Wisconsin creates, expands, and diversifies small and Hispanic-owned businesses, with a focus in the Milwaukee area
- Pedestrian killed in Walworth County crash
- Thousands participate in Madison March for Science
- Friends, family send off 85 National Guard members
- Body pulled out of Kinnickinnic River in Milwaukee
- Signs go up in Racine marking Frank Lloyd Wright Trail
- DNR: Alcohol may be involved in Lake Wisconsin boat crash