MADISON, Wis. - Gov. Scott Walker has signed a bill that legalizes drinking on pedal pubs.
Pedal pubs are multiple-person bicycles companies use to ferry riders to and from taverns. A driver steers while multiple riders sit at a bar mounted behind him, each with his or her own pedal-and-chain assembly. Riders pump away toward the next watering hole, hoisting cold ones along the way.
The bill allows drinking on pedal pubs unless a municipality adopts ordinances negating the exception.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK