MADISON, Wis. - Gov. Scott Walker is receiving a hero's welcome from his cabinet in his first meeting with them after winning a historic recall election.
His cabinet gave Walker a more-than 3-minute standing ovation Wednesday as he and Lt. Gov. Rebecca Kleefisch circled the table shaking hands and hugging each member.
Walker said he spoke with Democratic legislative leaders and "there's a sense people are ready to move on from this."
The governor said he is "focused like a laser beam" on creating jobs and he's not backing away from his 2010 campaign pledge to create 250,000 jobs by 2015.
He said he is thinking only about the next step and not "gloating in the victory" over Democratic Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett.
- Circus World director 'optimistic' in wake of Ringling Bros. shutdown
- Missing Beloit man found dead
- Billion dollar company plans for joint venture
- Superior boat builder secures $6M contract for Texas project
- Man suffers serious injuries in snowmobile rollover
- Janesville police looking for accused Target thief