MADISON, Wis. - Flags in Wisconsin will fly at half-staff Monday in memory of Sen. Rick Gudex, Gov. Scott Walker said.
On Friday afternoon, Walker signed executive order 220, which orders that all U.S. and Wisconsin flags on government property be flown at half-staff from sunrise to sunset Monday.
Police said Gudex died Wednesday of a single gunshot wound to the chest.
A memorial service for Gudex will be held Monday.
His seat will remain vacant until January.
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls
- UW study uses video games to help smokers quit
- UW-Madison suspends fraternity for serving minors