MADISON, Wis. - Flags in Wisconsin will fly at half-staff Monday in memory of Sen. Rick Gudex, Gov. Scott Walker said.
On Friday afternoon, Walker signed executive order 220, which orders that all U.S. and Wisconsin flags on government property be flown at half-staff from sunrise to sunset Monday.
Police said Gudex died Wednesday of a single gunshot wound to the chest.
A memorial service for Gudex will be held Monday.
His seat will remain vacant until January.
- Lawsuit accuses Milwaukee police officers of illegal stop-and-frisks
- Officials discuss fix to collapsed bridge
- Criminal investigators to look into apartment fire in Green Lake County
- Mexican official threatens to halt U.S. corn imports, worrying local farmers
- Incumbent Evers advances easily in schools race
- Consumer Reports: Genetic testing your health