MADISON, Wis. - Gov. Scott Walker has made three appointments to the University of Wisconsin System Board of Regents.
Walker on Monday named former Lt. Gov. Margaret Farrow and retired state auditor Janice Mueller as citizen members of the board, and Joshua Inglett as a student member.
Farrow, who lives in Pewaukee, also is a former state legislator. She has worked as a substitute teacher and real estate agent.
Mueller, of Madison, was appointed by the Wisconsin Legislature in 1998 to serve as state auditor within the Wisconsin Legislative Audit Bureau. She retired from the post in 2011.
Inglett is a UW-Platteville student majoring in Engineering Physics. He is a Portage native.
The 18-member board sets policy and rules governing the UW System. Walker's appointments require confirmation by the Wisconsin State Senate.
- Women accused of attacking 17-year-old girl at Memorial High School
- Toxic gas released in Kenosha County truck crash
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- 2 deputies on leave after man shoots himself during eviction
- New route set for Ride the Drive
- Girl awarded for homeless birthday program