MILWAUKEE - Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon knows where the political land mines are in Wisconsin.
The most dangerous one he has to dodge while participating in a National Governors Association meeting in Milwaukee? Having his picture taken with a Miller beer.
Nixon joked Saturday about how poorly that would go over with voters back home in Missouri, home of Anheuser-Busch. Miller is based on Milwaukee.
Walker joked to Nixon that if he's caught with a Miller beer he could face a recall election. Walker became the first governor in U.S. history to defeat a recall last year.
His recall was spurred not by beer choice but anger over his law effectively ending collective bargaining rights for public workers.
- Man charged in fatal shooting of sheriff's deputy
- PD: Man hit in head, robbed during believed stereo equipment sale
- Wisconsin farmers could be affected by late cabinet pick
- Judge denies motions to dismiss 4 charges against Alec Cook
- MFD: 1 suffers minor injury in rollover crash on John Nolen Drive
- Woman accused of stabbing acquaintance turns herself in to police