MILWAUKEE - Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon knows where the political land mines are in Wisconsin.
The most dangerous one he has to dodge while participating in a National Governors Association meeting in Milwaukee? Having his picture taken with a Miller beer.
Nixon joked Saturday about how poorly that would go over with voters back home in Missouri, home of Anheuser-Busch. Miller is based on Milwaukee.
Walker joked to Nixon that if he's caught with a Miller beer he could face a recall election. Walker became the first governor in U.S. history to defeat a recall last year.
His recall was spurred not by beer choice but anger over his law effectively ending collective bargaining rights for public workers.
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Eau Claire TV station owner sues over duo's on-air prank
- Alcohol use among senior citizens on the rise
- Door County trees chomped by invasive bugs
- Women accused of attacking 17-year-old girl at Memorial High School
- Toxic gas released in Kenosha County truck crash