MADISON, Wis. - Gov. Scott Walker says he will pool together $25 million in his new budget to invest in the state's start-up and emerging companies.
Walker told the Wisconsin State Journal the proposed venture capital fund will boost the economy and create more jobs in Wisconsin.
Walker plans to introduce the plan as part of his budget released to the Legislature on Wednesday.
The fund is said to combine both state and private investments and is on top of millions of dollars in tax credits for startup companies Walker previously proposed.
A venture capital proposal failed in the last session because Republicans could not agree on the size or structure of the fund.
- Two people shot at while in a car on Madison's east side
- Dick's Sporting Goods windows smashed, teen arrested
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'