MILWAUKEE - Gov. Scott Walker says he challenged his fellow governors to join him for a motorcycle ride when the National Governors Association meets in Milwaukee this summer.
Walker says Wisconsin will help the other governors arrange to take training courses to ride Harley-Davidson motorcycles.
Walker told reporters Tuesday several governors have already agreed to learn how to ride a motorcycle, and two others who already ride have accepted his invitation.
The NGA includes all 50 governors. The group's 2013 meeting will take place in Milwaukee from Aug. 2 to Aug. 4.
Other plans for the meeting include having the governors take batting practice at Miller Park before the Milwaukee Brewers open a series against the Washington Nationals.
Wisconsin last hosted an annual meeting of the NGA in 1998.
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say