MILWAUKEE - Gov. Scott Walker says he challenged his fellow governors to join him for a motorcycle ride when the National Governors Association meets in Milwaukee this summer.
Walker says Wisconsin will help the other governors arrange to take training courses to ride Harley-Davidson motorcycles.
Walker told reporters Tuesday several governors have already agreed to learn how to ride a motorcycle, and two others who already ride have accepted his invitation.
The NGA includes all 50 governors. The group's 2013 meeting will take place in Milwaukee from Aug. 2 to Aug. 4.
Other plans for the meeting include having the governors take batting practice at Miller Park before the Milwaukee Brewers open a series against the Washington Nationals.
Wisconsin last hosted an annual meeting of the NGA in 1998.
- PD: Drunk Mt. Horeb man jumps from moving car, runs into side of SUV
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Phone scammer claims to be MPD Chief Mike Koval, officials say
- Icy Dane County road causes nearly 40-car pileup, officials say
- Man, woman caught selling stolen bike on Craigslist, police say
- Evers has $117,000 in bank for superintendent run