NEW YORK - Gov. Scott Walker spent Tuesday night in New York attending the Time 100 Gala at the Lincoln Center Theater.
He joined artists, scientists, entrepreneurs, writers and activists selected by Time Magazine for having profoundly shaped the world in the last year.
Past winners and honorees were also there.
Each of the 100 gets a chance to give some words of advice at the event.
"My mother, she taught us that to do well in life we need to find ways to do good for others," Walker said.
Comedian Seth Meyers roasted the honorees and himself about his placement on the list.
"I'm aware that at best I'm at mid-to-high 90s on the list," Meyers said.
- UW-Madison chosen by U.S DOT to test automated vehicles
- Janesville robotics team among top 10 in global competition, moves to final round
- EPA grant freeze could ‘pull rug out from under' UW-Madison research
- Man on trial for deadly shooting says he was fearful for his life
- Suspected serial thief steals again, police say
- State manufacturing tax credit continues to grow