MADISON, Wis. - Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker is making a trip down south on Friday to hit a fundraiser in Tennessee and then give a speech in Alabama.
Walker's campaign spokesman Jonathan Wetzel said Wednesday that Walker will be attending a luncheon fundraiser at the home of Reba and Willis Johnson in Franklin, Tenn.
An invitation for the event shows the minimum donation is $2,500. A $10,000 donation places the contributor in the "Scott Walker Governor's Club."
The fundraiser is for Walker's 2014 re-election bid. Walker is also mentioned as a possible 2016 Republican presidential candidate, but he has said he's focused on winning re-election first.
On Friday night, Walker is scheduled to deliver the keynote address at the Alabama Republican Party's summer dinner in Montgomery.
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says