MILWAUKEE - Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker has fired a campaign aide for making demeaning comments about Hispanics on social media.
Walker dismissed Taylor Palmisano as his campaign's deputy finance director Tuesday. The Republican governor made the move after The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel contacted his campaign about the Twitter posts.
In a March 2011 tweet, Palmisano said she wanted to choke a noisy library custodian whom she described as an "illegal mex." Two months earlier she had complained on Twitter that among fellow passengers on a bus "Nobody speaks English & these ppl don't know how 2 control their kids."
The newspaper reported that a Walker campaign spokesman says the governor and his campaign "condemn these insulting remarks."
Palmisano issued a statement apologizing and saying she regrets "these offensive and irresponsible remarks."
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls