MILWAUKEE - Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker has fired a campaign aide for making demeaning comments about Hispanics on social media.
Walker dismissed Taylor Palmisano as his campaign's deputy finance director Tuesday. The Republican governor made the move after The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel contacted his campaign about the Twitter posts.
In a March 2011 tweet, Palmisano said she wanted to choke a noisy library custodian whom she described as an "illegal mex." Two months earlier she had complained on Twitter that among fellow passengers on a bus "Nobody speaks English & these ppl don't know how 2 control their kids."
The newspaper reported that a Walker campaign spokesman says the governor and his campaign "condemn these insulting remarks."
Palmisano issued a statement apologizing and saying she regrets "these offensive and irresponsible remarks."
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns