MADISON, Wis. - The attorney for Gov. Scott Walker's campaign is named in a court order as an attorney in a case challenging the ongoing secret investigation into possible illegal campaigning.
The Wisconsin State Journal reported Friday that Steven Biskupic is one of the attorneys named in a state appeals court order.
The order also reveals that eight unnamed parties are a subject of the secret probe.
The order makes clear that the prosecutor in the case is asking the appeals court to overturn a ruling in January to quash subpoenas and order the return of property to the probe's targets.
The Wall Street Journal reported the judge ruled some of the subpoenas don't show any probable cause that the targets committed any violations of campaign finance laws.
- Surveillance video shows burglars breaking into Madison cellphone store
- Records show little GOP feedback to state education plan
- Lincoln Hills psychologist dismissed
- Kenosha teen who stabbed classmate was punched by victim
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Milwaukee-bound man removed from flight for using bathroom before takeoff