MADISON, Wis. - The attorney for Gov. Scott Walker's campaign is named in a court order as an attorney in a case challenging the ongoing secret investigation into possible illegal campaigning.
The Wisconsin State Journal reported Friday that Steven Biskupic is one of the attorneys named in a state appeals court order.
The order also reveals that eight unnamed parties are a subject of the secret probe.
The order makes clear that the prosecutor in the case is asking the appeals court to overturn a ruling in January to quash subpoenas and order the return of property to the probe's targets.
The Wall Street Journal reported the judge ruled some of the subpoenas don't show any probable cause that the targets committed any violations of campaign finance laws.
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Suspect in custody in Middleton homicide
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns
- Sheriff: Alcohol may be factor in crash that injured two
- Two seriously injured in pickup vs. semi crash