MADISON, Wis. - The attorney for Gov. Scott Walker's campaign is named in a court order as an attorney in a case challenging the ongoing secret investigation into possible illegal campaigning.
The Wisconsin State Journal reported Friday that Steven Biskupic is one of the attorneys named in a state appeals court order.
The order also reveals that eight unnamed parties are a subject of the secret probe.
The order makes clear that the prosecutor in the case is asking the appeals court to overturn a ruling in January to quash subpoenas and order the return of property to the probe's targets.
The Wall Street Journal reported the judge ruled some of the subpoenas don't show any probable cause that the targets committed any violations of campaign finance laws.
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend