MADISON, Wis. - Gov. Scott Walker has appointed a University of Wisconsin-Platteville student to the UW System Board of Regents.
Walker's office announced Friday Chad Landes will replace UW-Madison student Katie Pointer on the board. Pointer's term expired May 1.
Walker appointed UW-Platteville student Josh Inglett to the board in June but rescinded the appointment after Inglett told the governor's office he signed a petition to recall Walker in 2011.
A Walker spokesman declined to comment when asked if the governor's office had researched whether Landes had signed the petition, saying the office doesn't comment on internal protocols.
Landes said in an email to The Associated Press he didn't sign the petition and the governor's office didn't ask about it. A search of two online databases listing signers didn't turn up Landes' name.
- Increase in garage burglaries reported in Sun Prairie
- Man accused of trying to kill unborn child in Wis. arrested in NY
- Two men charged with armed robbery in Monroe
- Crash involving ambulance closes U.S. Highway 12
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Madison cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case